Last Updated: 26 April 2019
Our commitment to you
At Outlaw VPN, your privacy is a top priority. We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used, your choices regarding your information and what can other Outlaw VPN users see. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
2. Information we collect
It goes without saying, we can't help you have an awesome user experience without some information about you, such as your email address and password. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through your Facebook/ Google account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- Information that is necessary for the use of our App, such as your username and email address.
- If you register for Outlaw VPN via third parties like Facebook and Google, they send us information that is necessary for your use of our App.
- To use certain features in our services, you may allow us to access your camera and Photo Gallery. Apple system will ask for your permission before allowing us to access these features.
- We will also collect your Information when you use our app such as when you post comments and summaries, or request further services using our app.
- If you contact our support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you've used, how you've used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, time spent in the app, features you've been using, short input text, advertising that you click on).
3. How we use information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to communicate with you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users' behavior). This software may record information such as how often you use the services, what happens within the services, aggregated usage, performance data, app errors and debugging information, and where the apps were downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information that you submit within the mobile application.
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new feature further to requests or feedback received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
4. How we share information
- We do not require you to provide us with any contact information in order to download or use our VPN product, we do not log or store your IP address after you disconnect from the VPN, and we do not keep logs on your online activities. Therefore, we generally do not have Personal Information to share with law enforcement, and generally do not have the data to provide in response to law enforcement requests.
- However, we may share what Personal Information we do have when required by law: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties and/or to comply with applicable law; (iii) to enforce our agreements or policies with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
5. How we protect your information
The Outlaw VPN network is a no-log network. Except for the limited exceptions below, we do not collect any information transmitted through our network. More specifically, we do not collect any information regarding the websites you visit or the IP addresses assigned to you when you access the Outlaw VPN Private Network, and with respect to our VPN service, we do not collect any data stored on or transmitted from your device, including any data that applications on your device may transmit through our network.
6. Cross-border data transfers
Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country If you are located in the EEA, we comply with EU data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA.
7. Children's privacy
Our services are intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old (or over the age of 16 if you are resident in the EEA). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 years old, or 16 years old in the EEA. If you are not over 13 years old (or 16 years old in the EEA) then DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SERVICES. If you believe that we may have personal information from or about a child under the age of 13 years old (or over the age of 16 if you are resident in the EEA), please contact us at email@example.com and we will promptly delete that personal information.
Because we're always looking for new and innovative ways to help you enjoy our services, this policy may change over time. Changes may be posted to our within our Apps, so please check that regularly.
9. How to contact us
If you want to send any notice under these Terms or have any questions regarding the Service, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.